[K12OSN] print quota manager?

root sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Wed Apr 13 08:48:32 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 23:33, Barry R Cisna wrote:
>     Hello List,,
>
>     Does anyone have a good /decent , solution for a printer quota manager?
>
>     I've tryed to get printbill working but have never had any luck to get
> it to count printed pages...
>     We are using 4.2.0 build of K12LTSP...
>
>     Has anyone got Pykota working[decently] on K12LTSP?

I tried to get PyKota working but I found it quite tedious and gave up, mostly
due to time contraints.  I was trying to set it up to use postgresql rather
than LDAP and it was postgresql that caused me headache.  We are currently
using the quota as built into CUPS.   If you want to read about how I set
this up see http://www.openhgs.org/moin.cgi/PrinterQuota
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation