[K12OSN] Mobile Wireless Lab?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 10:52:14 UTC 2005

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ltsp/wireless_ltsp-3.0.5-i386.tgz?download

This is the link to the wireless files you need.  If
you download and untar it, you'll find instructions on
how to use it.  Basically you create a boot floppy
which includes a kernel and then does all the nice
ltsp stuff.

I tried it with an old laptop and haven't gotten it to
work yet.  I'm using a wired pcmcia card and I'm
suspecting that it might be incompatible w/ the
drivers on the boot floppy.  Included in the
documentation is a very short list of cards that were
tested and confirmed to work, and my Xircom card is
not on that list.

My laptop only has 16MB of RAM, but I have NFS swap
enabled and the laptop never manages to mount the root
tree on the server, so I think the low RAM is not the
show stopper.  If anybody has any suggestions, I'd
appreciate it.

-Rob