[K12OSN] Open Source Curriculum Site?

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 06:00:13 UTC 2005

On 4/15/05, Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone created a website for collaboration on Open Source
> curricula for schoolteachers?  Maybe something with moodle or drupal?
>
> Seems like a ready resource for classroom instructional materials
> would be a good pull to bring devoted teachers to Open Source.  And
> likely a necessary step for helping expand k12ltsp into schools
> without an Open Source technical guru.
>
> If it exists, I'd like to be able to point people to it.  If it
> doesn't exist, is it something others feel is worth creating?

The Arkansas Learning Mangement System might be relevant to what
you're looking for http://alms.k12.ar.us/website/ .  It's built with
open source parts, and while the site itself is vague on the subject
of licensing, and they don't seem to have a public repository, they'll
apparently send you a copy of the code.  Perhaps if enough outside
people express interest they'll clarify the licensing, etc.  I'm not
suspicious of their motives in this regard, I just think they've been
focusing more on reaching out to teachers than other developers.

--Tom