[K12OSN] how about a live CD or live usb hard drive?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 10:44:14 UTC 2005

I think this would be a cool and convenient way to
show off K12LTSP to schools.  I'm thinking
specifically of a school that is local to me which has
a newish P4 in every classroom.  I'd like to show them
that they can turn each of those desktop machines into
a server and add 5 or so thin clients to each
classroom.  I think if I could plug in a usb hard
drive and boot their existing computer off of it (and
provide my own thin clients), it would really drive
the point home.

Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there.  I don't
know if a live CD or a live usb hard drive version
would perform quickly enough to be impressive to
anybody...

-Rob