[K12OSN] thin clients

Scott Sherrill scott at hancock.k12.mi.us
Tue Apr 19 15:09:12 UTC 2005

John Arends wrote:

>Have any of you tried using thin clients boxes from wyse or another company instead of old PCs as your thin clients?

We use HP Compaq  t5305 from disklessworkstations.com for key users
(secretaries). Main reason?  It *looks* better than an old PC.  Some
users see an old PC and they think uh! things are  going to run so slow
or how come I am not getting a new machine like everyone else.

They see a new sleek looking box and they lose that prejudice.

Silly but it works.  We've had really good luck with the t5305 too:
plug it in and it goes.

Scott