[K12OSN] batch adding users

John T. Leonard johnny at msad41.us
Wed Apr 20 12:04:34 UTC 2005

I've just finished a fresh install of 4.2.1 and I want to add a new list of
users which I took from our SISystem....it's a plain text list in a 'lastname,
firstname' format....what I would like to do is add them with either a random or
generic password, make them change it at the first login attempt, and require at
least 6 characters that don't contain their name or username....can someone tell
me or point me to a 'how to' or script to do this...this is new for me so I'll
definately need some good documentation ;-( TIA, John.....

John T. Leonard
Technology Coordinator
MSAD No. 41
Penquis Valley HS/MS