[K12OSN]usb/pen/thunbdrives& floppy access>this works!

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Wed Apr 20 13:15:16 UTC 2005

I believe it is possible to access multiple USB pendrives if you setup
multiple /dev/sdx entries, for instance instead of only /dev/sda1 also
setup /dev/sdb1, and so on. This allows multiple USB pendrives to be
plugged in during the same session. Of course each sdX entry needs a
different name. I don't use Mtools to access our floppies, CDROMs or USB
drives here. I use a different method. Though the method I use does have
some issues and is far more complicated to setup. Also, do you need to
reboot the entire terminal, or just have the user log off in order to
use a second USB drive? Anyway, just my two cents.

-Calvin

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 20:45 +0200, Zouhir.Hafidi at math.univ-lille1.fr