[K12OSN] new win xp thin client from MS

William Parrott wparrott at gcps1.com
Wed Apr 20 18:14:30 UTC 2005

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the comment. You are right. I misstated my position by
stating that colleges and businesses required Windows/Office. But how
many schools (K-12, 2 or 4-year college) use Linux, or any other OS,
compared to the number that use MS platforms? How many employers ask
during interviews if you are familiar with Linux compared to the number
that ask if you familiar with Windows and/or Office? I don't know the
numbers but based on my own experience (admittedly limited) local
colleges and universities use Windows almost exclusively and businesses
(small/medium) use Windows predominately.