[K12OSN] OSX Help

John Arends arendsj at skokie69.k12.il.us
Thu Apr 21 23:14:00 UTC 2005

This may be of interest:

http://www.cs.dixie.edu/ldap/

>>> spowers at inlandlakes.org 04/21/05 3:09 PM >>>
I'm sure I could google this question, and come up with a solution,
but I thought I'd pose the question to folks that have similar setups
to me.

I currently use a linux box to share home directories via SAMBA, NFS,
and Netatalk.  I have an NIS domain that I use for authentication.

Is there an elegant way to use the standard OSX login/security system
to interact with such a setup?  I don't want to have to install any
proprietary OSX server stuff -- just to be able to use the regular
OSX security, but have a login that mounts a /home share.

I'm new in the world of OSX, so be gentle...  :)

Thanks for any pointers,
-Shawn