[K12OSN] Re: OSX Help

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 22 15:18:26 UTC 2005

> I'm very interested in going that way.  Any documentation you can
> give in that regards would be greatly appreciated.

First off download the SAMBA/LDAP installer script from here:
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/

and follow the directions to get the base SAMBA/LDAP server setup.  By the
time you have that done hopefully I'll have the documentation ready to setup
OSX to auth to it.

The instructions are very simple to follow and the script handles everything
to get this setup, works awesome (Thanks again Dave and Matt).

Unless this has been updated don't forget to change to /opt/IDEALX or whatever
before you run your useradd scripts and such.  This seems to hang up everyone
at least once :-)