[K12OSN] Old K12, with samba issues, I think

musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 02:25:58 UTC 2005

Well, My thanks go out to you Mr/Ms Mikesell....

I don't know what I did in particular that fixed the problem, but I
had turned the WINS server off on the win2K server/PDC because I
thought it was superfluous in our system, so I switched that back
on...I also added the line "netbios name = backup" to the K12OS box
smb.conf....ran the rsync, and it's still going after an hour - which
means it's working, to me - previous to this, my average was 15
minutes (sometimes 13, sometimes 17, never 20)...

So, smb relies on WINS? Does AD require WINS as well?

Happy sys admin saturday :)

L.