[K12OSN] squidGuard - local-block isn't blocked

Dan Bentson-Royal dbentson at lcsd.k12.wa.us
Mon Apr 25 14:33:15 UTC 2005

Mark,

Thanks for the response - I'm really eager to get this going. What you
caught there were two errors in my transcribing from the terminal into
my mailer.

--------------------------------
For #1, the break was because the window from which I copied was too
narrow - it was a <return> that cropped up in copying.

> (1) I noticed that /usr/sbin/update_squidguard_blacklists displayed funny
> below.

>>                 cat $DIR/domains $DIR/domains.include | sort | uniq >
>>$DIR/domai
>>ns.$TMP

---------------------------------
For #2, it was a typo on my part - I didn't copy and paste that. I went
through my command history and verified that it is really as you
indicated, a lowercase "c"

> Is there some sort of extra char above between domai and the ns on the
> following line?  It should be $DIR/domains.$TMP.
>
> (2) Below, the first -C should be -c
> "
>>     /usr/sbin/squidGuard -C /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf -C all
Thanks for taking the time to look it over. I just can't quite seem to
get it working. I did see that there may be some options using a diff
file to update the domains.db. But it seems clunky and I think I lose
the ability to easily see what the local-block/domains really are.

--
Dan Bentson-Royal
La Center Schools