[K12OSN] Eric's squidguard setup...site that won't block

Dan Bentson-Royal dbentson at lcsd.k12.wa.us
Mon Apr 25 21:59:34 UTC 2005

I have a similar question out regarding this. I can't get anything I've
added to the local-block/domains to be blocked.

Jim Hays wrote:
> Did it somehow make it onto a whitelist?
>

> Caleb Wagnon wrote:
>
>> I'm using eric's squidguard setup, it's always worked well for me. For
>> some reason...freearcade.com absolutely will not block. I can't block it
>> by domain, url, ip address, or any of its virtual domains
>> (ww2.freearcade.com, ww7.freearcade.com, etc)
>>
>> Everything's working...I can still add sites and have them blocked. For
>> some reason this refuses to block though. It's been on my local
>> blacklist for a looong time. Why it's recently come back and not being
>> blocked is beyond me.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Caleb Wagnon
>> Network Administrator
>> Bryant Public Schools
>> (501)653-5011

***NOTE***
Whenever you make a request for LCSD technical assistance, please be
sure to report this problem to our helpdesk at:
      http://help1.lcsd.k12.wa.us/helpdesk/

Dan Bentson-Royal
La Center Schools

      What are employers looking for in an employee?

      Come to work every day and be on time.
      Make smart decisions.
      Follow directions.
      Concentrate on your work and care about the quality of your work.
      Read, write, and calculate well.
      Recognize problems and find solutions.
      Finish a job when you're supposed to without sacrificing quality.
      Be honest and dependable.
      Take the lead and work hard.
      Communicate well and get along with other people...especially
customers.
      Dress properly and practice good grooming.
      Be cooperative.
      Have a positive attitude.

      From the Northwest Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center, Inc.