[K12OSN] TeacherTool question

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Tue Apr 26 16:40:11 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I just copied the teacher tool script to my ltsp server. It works great for
the root user but the teachers I give access do can't kill processes or
logout users because they don't have the right permissions. What is the
correct way to get the permissions set so that:
1) Only the teachers can run the script (I am doing this with a group)
2) So that it runs with the correct permissions (root?) so that it has the
authority to kill user processes or logoff users?

--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)