[K12OSN] Authenticate to OS X Open Directory SOLVED

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Apr 28 13:07:42 UTC 2005

> their home directories on the LTSP Server.  Seems to work just fine - I
> login with my username and password on a think LTSP client and I get my OS
> X desktop and folders.

What are you using for your thin clients? x86 machines (PCs) or Macs?  What I'm really
after is understanding how your clients get an OS X desktop and folders.  Can you
elaborate on that?

> Your question leads me to 2 other questions
> 1 - is there a way to hide or minimize the X session to get back to the OS
> X destop?
I don't know if it's available on Mac but you might check out Xnest, which allows you to
run a separate X session within a window in the existing X session.

Petre