[K12OSN] [reposted] yum OR apt - which?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 13:25:36 UTC 2005

I've often wondered why there are so many of these
package installers.  Seems to me that apt came first,
only to be duplicated by yum, up2date, urpmi, etc.  I
haven't tried them all, but I haven't heard of any
special features that any of them have over apt.  It
just makes me wonder why did anybody bother?  Why
didn't everybody just start to use apt?  It's not like
it costs money or anything...

-Rob

--- Daniel Hedblom <daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se>