[K12OSN] Modelines

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Thu Apr 28 15:41:13 UTC 2005

The recent thread about modelines triggered this question, but I didn't
want to hijack that thread, so here's a new one.  On a number of my
older PCs that I'm using as clients the 1024x768 screen resolution
works, but is so small as to be almost unreadable.  I can switch to a
lower resolution, such as 800x600, but the desktop size doesn't change.
Meaning that the user has to scroll around to see a 1024x768 desktop on
an 800x600 monitor.  Is there a way to dynamically resize the entire
desktop environment automatically?  Does that even make sense?

C-ya,
Mark
____
Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.