[K12OSN] compiling KTouch 1.5....I'm stuck...more info...check my log file

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Aug 2 01:25:20 UTC 2005

I've posted my config.log file here
http://www.vcsvikings.org/share/config.log  (it's text so you should be
able to read in browser) to help indicate where the problem may
lie....problem is I cannot seem to figure it out.  I could use some help.

I'm trying to compile KTouch 1.5 from the sourceforge site so that
hopefully I can have the statistics back like the old version as I use
KTouch as a major part of my typing curriculum for 5th grade.  Anyway...I
downloaded the source....untarred it....and began to run ./configure  It
goes through and then ends with an error that "/lib/cpp failed sanity
check"  I'm assuming that I don't have a C++ compiler installed correctly,
but am unsure as to where to go next.  I'd appreciate any help...even wild
stabs in the dark.  Also if anyone out there would like to build an RPM of
the newest KTouch version....we'd all be "wicked" appreciative!  :-)

The newest KTouch won't become part of KDEedu until KDE 3.5....I can't
wait that long  :-(

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School