[K12OSN] off topic regarding Fedora Core 3 Desktop install

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 2 11:06:06 UTC 2005

I have installed the Desktop version of Fedora Core 3 to a computer at our agency, using the K12LTSP disks that I used to set up our k12 network here at the school.  The person is that now has this desktop version of Fedora is having 2 problems.

1. she cannot do her online banking because it requires Java.  What is the easiest way to get Java running on her computer (I'm a command line novice)?

2. I suggested she check her AOL mail through the web interface for AOL.  After she logs in, the page just hangs.  Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks all!