[K12OSN] migrating machine accounts to new server

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Aug 4 03:43:12 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 at 10:59 PM +0000 wrote:
>Has anyone tried to migrate machine (computer) accounts from an old
>server to a new one?  Is this possible?  I hate to have to go around and
>have 500 xp boxes rejoin the new domain controller.  I am replacing an
>older redhat server with a new one.

Not an answer to your question, but if you have 500 XP machines then you
need to get some sort of deployment/management solution.  I use Deployment
Server from Altiris....it allows me to change configurations on all my XP
machines "en masse"....couple of clicks and I'm done....all the machines
in my building!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School