[K12OSN] one slow terminal - one fast one.

Joshua Sanders ism at ywammt.org
Sat Aug 6 00:35:48 UTC 2005

I am setting up my 5th K12 terminal system and here in sunny st. croix,
and i ran into a problem i can't figure out. I was wondering if anyone had
an idea.

The walls are 4 foot concrete so i concerved on running cable by running
one or two runs from building to building and then putting a switch in...
(of couse following the swtich/hub/router guidelines.) I am in the great
room of this plantation home with two teminals and my wireless laptop
here. I can log in from my laptop through VNC with no problem. One of the
terminals works great (speed wise) and the other one loads the graphical
greeter line by line.  The wireless router, and both terminals are plugged
into the same switch, and i tried switching the cables from the one that
is fast to the that is slow to make sure it was not a cable issue.

The Terminals are all are the same model refurbished dells from
disklessworkstation.com same mouse and key board. I cannot seem to find
anything different in the .conf, and i am fresh out of ideas. Any one seen
this before?

Joshua Sanders