[K12OSN] one slow terminal - one fast one.

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:59:10 UTC 2005

>Flashing the Optiplex's BIOS
> has fixed the problem for me every time.

Here's the link on Dell's site for the bios update for the GX1.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R31962&c=us&l=en&cs=&s=gen

It does require a Windows PC to run the file, which then creates a
floppy disk to update the bios.  If you don't have a Windows pc around
to do that, let me know and I'm sure some of the more technically
minded here can help us take the floppy image and convert it to
something that can be written from Linux...  I'm sure my "Knopix
Hacks" book has the answer to that!

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon