[K12OSN] Sound Comes And Goes

k12ltsp k12ltsp at hermon.net
Tue Aug 9 12:23:30 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Mon Aug  8 2005 at 17:05 -0500 wrote:
>But now a new problem has cropped up.  Occasionally, when a thin client
>logs out, the next person who logs in has no sound, but with a complete
>reboot, does have sound.  This is slightly inconvenient as rebooting 30+
>computers at the same time is really  slow!
>
>any ideas?  Anyone?

Hey there! I just wanted to say that we have the same issue as well! For
some reason, when a user that has sound enabled logs into a terminal for
the first time, the audio will work with no problem! However, when that
user logs off then another user logs in with sound configured, they can't
play audio.

Restarting the terminal however does resolve the issue.

Alan Owen
Recent Hermon High School Graduate (Class of '02)
Hermon Information Services/Hermon School Department
"Using Technology to Empower All Students to Succeed in a Changing World."

Webmaster of Brittany-Snow.com, Rachel-Boston.com, & HailiPage.com