[K12OSN] Mac Client Question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Aug 9 17:44:23 UTC 2005

> I am installing 4.4.0 (pre) for the next school year.  I have many
> iMac clients, and with 4.2.1, they simply netbooted to a login
> prompt.  With 4.4.0, I get a grey screen with the X cursor, but no
> display manager...   "normal" intel clients work great, and it
> doesn't matter what display manager I use (kdm, xdm, etc).
>
> Where do I begin troubleshooting?
>
> Also, the new eMacs I bought won't boot, but that doesn't really
> surprise me any (darn Apple).

I haven't had a chance to boot from the new setup yet with any macs.
Now I know there may be a problem I will give it a try.  I will also see
if I can get an eMac to boot.  I just got 25 of them here so now I have
some to play with.  The way I got the Indigo to boot was to load a local
copy of YDL then steal the XF86Config from it and move it to the server.
Then called on it specifically from lts.conf.  Maybe this is what needs
to be done with the eMac.