[K12OSN] Emergency: Cannot install 4.4....hanging on pnp stuff

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Wed Aug 10 00:46:32 UTC 2005

David Trask wrote:

>"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
>Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 7:11 PM +0000 wrote:
>

>>After pulling my hair out on the fore mentioned box it was suggested to
>>use a diffent kernel.
>>Tell us a little about the server -
>>You said this was a production server what brand and model # is it?
>>

>It's a whitebox from Daktech (www.daktech.com)  Great server...I have
>several.  Intel mobo...not sure which one, it has a part # of
>a77226-507....it's an Intel Server board.  Processor....dual Xeon 1.8 ghz
>Embedded video....dual onboard nics....one is gigabit....Adaptec AIC 7899
>SCSI
>...  4   36gb scsi hd's
>David N. Trask
>Technology Teacher/Coordinator
>Vassalboro Community School
>dtrask at vcsvikings.org
>(207)923-3100

This is very likely a bios setting.
First I would suggest going into bios and changing the pnp operating
system choice.
There are two choices, pnp aware os or not pnp aware os. What ever is
selected choose the other and see what happens.
If it works... joy :-)
If not change it back to the original setting.
Then go to the section in the bios for on board devices

OH hold on a minute... Google on

Adaptec AIC 7899

I'll bet my bottom dollar thats where your problem lies.