[K12OSN] LTSP takes 'Best of Show' award at Linux World

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:22:37 UTC 2005

On 8/9/05, Jim McQuillan <jam at mcquil.com> wrote:
> At Linux World conference and Expo today (Aug 9th), we won the
> "Best Of Show" award.  This is like the grand prize of Linux World, and
> we're absolutely blown away by this honour.

Congradulations Jim, Eric and all involved!

LTSP/K12LTSP is THE future of computing in Education. Slowly
*everyone* will realize this. I suspect that the growth rate of the
installed base is growing geometrically. By 2010 I predict LTSP will
touch half the schools in the world.

Remember we here in North America have more money than most of the
world so I see it growing more quickly in developing nations. The tide
will sweep back from the outside.
Although in hindsight I don't feel cost savings is the number one
reason for adoption, others may.

This sure is an exciting time.

--
Robert Arkiletian