[K12OSN] Can't mount exported FS from FC4

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 14:45:13 UTC 2005

Ok, I think I have lost my mind.  I have exported /home from my FC4 server and it works fine.  Now, I need to export several other directories, but they do not export correctly.  I have added them to /etc/exports with identical setup to /home on the server.  On my other servers, I have modified /etc/fstab to mount them (with the same permissions as /home).  exportsfs -a exports them, but I can't mount them on the other servers.  This is true for any directory I want to export  , the only exception being /home, /home exports and mounts fine.  I have never had problems exporting/nfs mounting directories until now with FC4.

The nfs error is "permission denied".  SELinux is supposed to be disabled (I checked its config file, and also ran system-config-security which has the option of enabling SELinux unchecked).  A google for the error message turned up another user who ended up completely re-installing the OS to fix the problem.

Has anyone ran into this issue?  Better yet, does anyone have suggestions on how to fix it?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins