[K12OSN] V.4.4 install: HELP!

Alan A Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 23:47:35 UTC 2005

For a school starting classes tomorrow, I did a K12LTSP 4.4 install
(Dell 4600) and all came up roses except the eth0 - the usual
reinstalls, 'neat' checks, updates, etc did not help, so in
desperation I did a RESTORECON documented below

[root at WarriorNet1 ~]# restorecon -R /
lstat(/dev/pts) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/net) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/proc) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/sys) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/misc) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/dsp) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/mixer) failed: Permission denied
lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/dsp1) failed: Permission denied
[root at WarriorNet1 ~]#

Now, this being such a drastic rescue tool, I was sure it was going
to save the day, but it didn't. I still don't have active dhcpd - if
anyone has any suggestions, I welcome them all.

Cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
http://links.episd.org/