[K12OSN] are there still miscounts using who/finger/w?

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Fri Aug 12 13:57:28 UTC 2005

On my 4.2 (FC2) server, I've noticed how my who/w/finger show incorrect
data (ghost users, and wrong number of users on the server at the
time).  I remember a discussion on the list a little while ago (I
couldn't find it in the archives) about this same topic.  Is this issue
fixed under 4.2.1EL or 4.4? It would be nice to get accurate user counts
during the days.

This also will help determine if I go w/ 4.2.1EL or 4.4

Thanks!

Henry Burroughs