[K12OSN] OpenOffice 2.0 (aka 1.9) and 4.2.1EL

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:17:33 UTC 2005

On 8/12/05, Henry Burroughs <hburroughs at hhprep.org> wrote:
>  Has anyone found RPM packages for OpenOffice 2 that run on CentOS 4.1 (aka
> 4.2.1EL)?  I'd like to go w/ CentOS for my TS as much as possible. Thanks!

I'm also using 4.2.1EL

I vaguely recall that when OOo 2.0 is released you won't need an RPM.
You will be able to use the OOo installer on any distro. Similar to
the way it is now but without the fiddling with user home accounts. I
think you will be able to run both 1.x and 2.0 side by side. I'm
waiting for the official 2.0 release. In any case, I'm sure when the
official 2.0 is released there will be rpm's available somewhere.

 Don't forget to tell anyone who says OOo is not the standard like M$
Office that actually it's the other way around. OOo 2.0 IS conforming
to the International Open Doc Format (adopted by the EU).

--
Robert Arkiletian