[K12OSN] Windows Grouppolicy Keys at login

Kevin Verheyen thepiano at telenet.be
Sat Aug 13 21:57:19 UTC 2005

Yeehaa !!!

I've finally found the solution to add registery keys to the register
at login,
while running regedit as (member of) Local Administrator (which is
required for Group Policy Keys)
This disables or minimizes the need for an Active Directory server.
All possible keys are easy to find at:
http://winportal.net/support/grouppolicy.html

First of all there's the startup.bat script I do use (please adapt to
your needs):

---------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF
net use S: /DELETE
net use L: /DELETE
net use K: /DELETE
net use Z: /DELETE
net use R: /DELETE

net use S: \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\Secretariaat
net use L: \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\Leerkrachten
net use K: \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\Leerlingen
net use Z: \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\Zorg
net use R: \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\Rapporten

cd p:
IF NOT EXIST "P:\Mijn Documenten\." MD "P:\Mijn Documenten"
IF NOT EXIST "P:\Desktop\." MD "P:\Desktop"
regedit /s \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\netlogon\mydoc.reg
REM thnx to Jim Kronebusch for this one

start /w "GROUPPOL.reg" "\\SINT-LUTGARDIS\netlogon\CPAU.exe" -u SINT-
LUTGARDIS\root -p slsictict -ex "\\SINT-LUTGARDIS\netlogon
\GROUPPOL.bat" -hide
:END

-------------------

The CPAU app you can find as freeware:
http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm

the mydoc.reg
REM thnx to Jim Kronebusch for this one
---------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
\Winlogon]
"ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local Settings;Temporary Internet
Files;Geschiedenis;Temp;Mijn Documenten;Bureaublad"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\Shell Folders]
"Personal"="P:\\Mijn Documenten"
"Desktop"="P:\\Desktop"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="P:\\Mijn Documenten"
"Desktop"="P:\\Desktop"
-------------------

and finally the groupbat.bat is simply calling
----------
regedit /s \\SINT-LUTGARDIS\netlogon\GROUPPOL.reg
----------

grouppol.reg
---------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer]
"NoInstrumentation"=dword:00000001
"NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000001
"NoWelcomeScreen"=dword:00000001

If any of you are having better options, please let me know
I'd like to learn every day of my life...
Don't know if this is a very secure way of life, if I do take big
risks please tell me :-)

Kevin

Op 12-aug-05, om 21:20 heeft Kevin Verheyen het volgende geschreven: