[K12OSN] Windows Grouppolicy Keys at login

Kevin Verheyen thepiano at telenet.be
Sun Aug 14 10:19:31 UTC 2005

You have to be Local Admin to alter those keys that are part of the
grouppolicy.
You can't ex. change the
>>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
>>> \Policies\Explorer]
>>> "NoInstrumentation"=dword:00000001
>>> "NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000001
>>> "NoWelcomeScreen"=dword:00000001

Without local admin rights.
I've tried this opening regedit as normal user and altering those
keys, and you'll get a access denied error

Kevin

Op 14-aug-05, om 12:09 heeft Brian Chivers het volgende geschreven: