[K12OSN] "realPlayer 10 for Linux is here"

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Aug 16 12:55:45 UTC 2005

FWIW, on my K12LTSP 4.2.1 server I recently clicked on a Real video file on some
website, and it brought up Helix, but it wouldn't play the file at all.  So, I installed
RealPlayer 10 via the 'Get RealPlayer' script in the Install Additional Software folder,
and then was able to play the video file, complete with sound.  However, this was on the
server.  On the clients, the video part of RealPlayer 10 works, but I've not been able
to get sound working so far, even though sound is working for other applications.

Petre