[K12OSN] LTSP sites in New York

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Aug 17 14:35:03 UTC 2005

Edward-
Looking over the list of schools to which you've provided labs, I'm impressed with all
you've accomplished.   Congratulations!

A couple questions come to mind:

1.  I noticed that prior to 2002, the labs consisted of 10 Windows computers, but from
2002 forward, the labs are K12LTSP servers with around 20 clients (the latest one has 40
clients!).  Is the same amount of money being spent building the labs?  It appears
you're getting twice as much bang for the buck by switching to LTSP.  Is that the case?

2.  What are the specs on the hardware you use for the servers? I'm particularly
interested in how the server at Esigodini Primary School, with its 40 clients, is
working out.

Thanks.

Petre