[K12OSN] PXE boot using PRO200 NICs on 4.2.1-6; wrong module loaded

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Wed Aug 17 22:28:28 UTC 2005

Hi All

I'm setting up a new system with  K12LTSP distribution, release 4.2.1-6.

The problem is with PXE booting from PCs with CNET PRO200 NICs. The
new system is trying to use the tulip.o module and falls over with
"ERROR! dhcpcd failed!". I want to use the *dmfe.o* module which
works on the existing K12LTSP 3.1.0-0a system and is what I've always
used with these cards.

Question:
How do I force a particular module to be selected for a terminal, for
instance I want to force all my PCs with Pro200 NICs to use the
dmfe.o module and not the tulip.o module.

Note:
When booting from the K12 CD using "linux rescue";, then it correctly
loads the dmfe module. However, when PXE booting, as I've noted
above, the system incorrectly loads the tulip module. Bug?