[K12OSN] multiple NICs

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Wed Aug 17 22:41:57 UTC 2005

Hi All,

How does one find out which network interface module links to which
ethx?

For instance, a lot of motherboards these days have two network
interfaces on them. Therefore I know which modules are loaded
"lsmod", and I know what interfaces are up "ifconfig".

I'd be grateful if someone could advise how to look up which module
is assigned to which ethx interface.

For instance, if I've got  8139too and e1000 modules loaded, how can
I find which is eth0 and which is eth1 (without resorting to pulling
cables out of the back and pinging as I do now!)

Thanks
Stephen