[K12OSN] OT multiple campuses

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Aug 20 00:59:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 17:28, Ben Nickell wrote:

>  Our issue is the limited bandwidth between the building and accessing
> the files over the public Internet.   We do have one windows 2000
> advanced server that was give to us, but I'm not sure , Since I don't
> like to deal with licensing, I pretty much avoid it whenever possible,
> so the windows server it is sitting unused until I reformat it and
> install K12LTSP.

Will most access be to the local servers or do you have to make
everything look the same from either building?  The connection
you have should be OK for a few people accessing a few files
that are on the wrong server.  If you allow inbound ssh they
can either log into the other server with nxclient or access files
opening sftp://otherserver in nautilus.  If you don't want ssh open
to the internet you can set up a tunnel between servers with openvpn
or ipsec.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com