[K12OSN] A bit OT: User Authentication with Apache

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Sat Aug 20 18:59:31 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    Now that I've got my Windows NT domain converted to Samba/LDAP I'd
like to get rid of my IIS server in favor of Apache.  The one hitch is
that I've got a couple of PHP and Perl scripts that need to be protected
from the casual browser.  In the past I've linked the security in IIS to
the NT Domain credentials.  The user simply had to enter whatever their
current domain logon and password is (it changes every two months) and
the get access to the file.  How can I replicate this with Apache and
LDAP?  Any ideas?

--

C-ya,
Mark