[K12OSN] A bit OT: User Authentication with Apache

Jon Spriggs jon.spriggs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 13:35:30 UTC 2005

Mark, it might be worth asking the same question on the PHP West
Midlands mailing list, which although sounds like it's only for those
who live in the West Midlands area of the UK, is actually extremely
open! It's signup address is
http://www.phpwm.org/mailman/listinfo/phpwm

I'm pretty certain someone on there should have done the same thing
before, and if not should be able to point you somewhere else where
they will have done.

Regards,

Jon

On 20/08/05, Mark Cockrell <cockrell at honeygroveisd.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     Now that I've got my Windows NT domain converted to Samba/LDAP I'd
> like to get rid of my IIS server in favor of Apache.  The one hitch is
> that I've got a couple of PHP and Perl scripts that need to be protected
> from the casual browser.  In the past I've linked the security in IIS to
> the NT Domain credentials.  The user simply had to enter whatever their
> current domain logon and password is (it changes every two months) and
> the get access to the file.  How can I replicate this with Apache and
> LDAP?  Any ideas?
>
> --
>
> C-ya,
> Mark
> ____
> A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

Jon "Four Star Gun" Spriggs AKA
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs