[K12OSN] frequent crashes how to debug

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Tue Aug 23 07:13:27 UTC 2005

I have frequent crashes using K12LTSP 4.2

When the server crashes two lights on the keyboard flash and the server does
nothing else. I have to manually turn off the server (ie hold on of button
for 5 secs) then turn it on again. Where can I look to try to find out what
is going wrong? Is there a log file I can look at?

I am using an AMD 2500XP cpu, 2 GB RAM @333, SATA 120 HD on Microstar MS-KT6
Delta motherboard with GLAN.

I am running up to 11 LTSP clients and 3 windows machines that authenticate
to K12ltsp and have home directories there.

We use firefox, Gcompris, Tuxpaint, open office, cross over office and
Scribus in roughly that order of use.