[K12OSN] Solving the bandwidth bottleneck

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Aug 24 19:27:07 UTC 2005

R. Scott Belford wrote:

> Is there more to configure than specifying the two separate network
> interfaces?

Sorry to reply to myself, but I have learned a few things about this.

In the Breezy/Ubuntu/MueKow/Debian world, the step to serve dhcp over
multiple interfaces is by editing /etc/default/dhcp3-server.

My test K12LTSP box is currently a Breezy box, so I cannot confirm the
process for the K12LTSP.  It appears from googling that one must edit
/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd to add the other interfaces.

Why?  We have been using TYAN mobos for some time, and the dual-opteron
model we like has 3 onboard NICS.  The default K12LTSP install
configures the two Gig Nics as eth0 and eth1, and the 10/100 nic is
configured as eth2.  This makes it nearly a no-brainer to configure the
server to simultaneously feed two switches or a single switch with dual
gig uplinks and the ability to create VLANs.

--scott