[K12OSN] Solving the bandwidth bottleneck

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Aug 24 20:21:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 14:50, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
> >
> > You should edit /etc/dhcpd.conf adding additional subnet {...}
> > declarations with appropriate router and range entries.
> > The /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd file just provides command line arguments.
> >

> Okay.  That makes sense.  Dhcpd.conf has an entry for the the 192.168.
> subnet, etc.  Do I just want to copy this while changing the subnet,
> router, and range values to match the IP settings of the second NIC?  Do
> you have an example of how this would look?

I don't have a working example set up to net-boot on multiple
subnets.   Mine look like this and are outside of any
share-subnet declaration (put your cursor on the { and hit
% in vi to find the matching brace):

---
#Subnet 10.201.4.0 is the New York office
subnet 10.201.4.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 10.201.4.150 10.201.4.254;
  option routers 10.201.4.1;
}                                                                                                        #Subnet 10.201.6.0 is the Los Angles office Ethernet
subnet 10.201.6.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 10.201.6.200 10.201.6.254;
  option routers 10.201.6.1;
}
----

Things inside a shared-subnet {..} are supposed on the same wire as
I recall, so you will have to repeat some of that stuff in the other
declarations to get the options for booting right.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com