[K12OSN] Re:Ubuntu thoughts......

Michael Picone Michael_Picone at gbsd.gresham.k12.or.us
Thu Aug 25 14:43:02 UTC 2005

k12osn at redhat.com on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 7:01 PM -0800 wrote:
>> Not an XP enthusiast..but I've not found(other than a live-cd) a distro
>> of linux that is WAY easier to install than XP ;)...
>> does it NOT ask you questions about time, networking, username,
>> partitions, packages? (have not tried Ubuntu yet, waiting for a final
>> release)
>
>Try Mepis Linux.

Sorry I forgot to put the proper reply heading. My bad.

Or Xandros, or Linspire (formerly Lindows), or Lycoris, etc.

Mike Picone

"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?" - Marty McFly
"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?" - Dr. Emmett Brown

Linux Support Technician
Computer/Network Technician
Gresham-Barlow School District
Microsoft Certified Professional