[K12OSN] IceWM as default in 4.4....still need some help

george kocke webmaster at vol.org
Fri Aug 26 13:04:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 22:16, David Trask wrote:

> I still need some help with the whole IceWM as the default in gdm on
> K12LTSP 4.4 (FC 4).  Things have changed and you can't simply go into the
> config file and set DefaultDesktop=icewm.desktop as it won't really be the
> System Default.

I used the following to do what you want:

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Forcing%20IceWM%20as%20the%20default%20under%20GDM%20in%20Fedora

http://k12ltsp.howtoz.net/k12ltsp/icewm.htm

The session menu in GDM shows only IceWM, Default System Session and
Failsafe Terminal.

I just discovered that if one picks Default System Session that it dumps
the user right back at the GDM screen. Creating a .xsession file in the
user's home directory containing "exec icewm" starts icewm when
selecting Default System Session, but it does not run any of my custom
login scripts.

--
george kocke <webmaster at vol.org>
http://www.vol.org