[K12OSN] mac OS X and win2003 and LTSP integration

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Sat Aug 27 06:10:03 UTC 2005

The LTSP server is installed as a single NIC.  Although at the start
there will only be one lab on terminals, and that could be theoretically
separated onto a distinct vlan within the network, there will eventually
be terminals scattered throughout the classrooms all over the school.
That would be difficult to configure as there are switches from various
vendors throughout the school.

I had not thought of the separate vlan option to segregate the LTSP from
the rest of the LAN ... might be an option if the Mac OS X dhcp cannot
be configured to pass on the option root-path

thanks for the suggestion
Joe