Rép. : [K12OSN] Mac OSX and Edirectory?

Guy-Michel Lessard glessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Mon Aug 29 01:59:08 UTC 2005

The way i did it was using pam authentification with ncpfs. Do i understand correctly that you are authentifying through LDAP?

>>> hendersonh at unit5.org 28/08/05 19:30 >>>
I thought I would put this question out to this list.  I know there have
been some people who have integrated Linux and Edirectory.  We are trying to
integrate OS X and edirectory and it seemed to be working until we found out
about the little problem below.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I think
it is something on the Netware side, I just don't know where to look.

--->

Anyone have any experience with integration of OSX and edirectory?

We have integrated our Two High schools this summer.  Everything seemed to
be working well (and still is) for the Students at the root OU of the
building

Example

ou=nchs,o=unit5 and ou=ncwhs,o=unit5

Students are in the root ous above.

But, Staff are in a Staff ou
Example
ou=staff,ou=nchs,o=unit5 and ou=staff,ou=ncwhs,o=unit5

They can't mount the Server volume (error invalid password please reenter)
when using Connect to Server

When logging in via Authentication to LDAP they are able to authenticate,
but it will not mount their Home directory.  This only seems to be with the
Staff logins and not the students (has to be the OU?)

Any thoughts?

--
Heath Henderson
Technology Administrator