[K12OSN] Schoolbell 1.2 pdf

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Aug 29 23:05:32 UTC 2005

Tom Hoffman wrote:
> On 8/29/05, Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
>

>>I'll test this later, but might as well ask now. Are the MS TrueType
>>fonts required or will the X.org TrueType fonts be adequate?
>

> I don't know.  I passed the question on to our developers.
>
> --Tom

 From a quick test, it looks like the MS TrueType fonts are required:

	Warning: font '/usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts/timesbd.ttf' does
	 not exist.
	PDF support disabled.

That is a bummer since the MS TrueType fonts have an iffy redistribution
license, I don't feel comfortable shipping them as part of K12LTSP. (the
"Add Additional Software" trick does work for this, however)

Anyways, here are updated packages that support the PDF printing
functionality (if the user installs the MS TrueType fonts):

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/schoolbell-1.2.1-k12ltsp.4.4.0a.i386.rpm
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/schooltool-0.11.1-k12ltsp.4.4.0a.i386.rpm

Be sure to install python-reportlab before trying to install these packages:

	yum install python-reportlab

-Eric