[K12OSN] OpenOffice 1.9.xx for k124.2.1EL?

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Mon Aug 29 23:26:01 UTC 2005

Eric Harrison wrote:

> John Baillie wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I ran yum list hoping to find the new version of OO but only found the
>> 1.1.2 packages for OpenOffice.
>

> Correct. The EL "enterprise" builds specifically included older,
> well-tested versions of packages. If you want the "latest-n-greatest",
> bleeding-edge version of packages, that is what the 4.4.x release is
> for...
>
>> Is there an official K12 OpenOffice1.9.xx = package for k124.2.1EL in
>> the pipe?
>

> No.
>
>> Or can I use the K12 4.4 packages and setup scripts?
>

> No. Or at least "extremely unlikely", I have not 100% verified that this
> will not work ;-)
>

> -Eric

I have OO 1.9.118 installed on a test box and thought I'd take a whack
at getting the oo specific lts_config scripts to work on EL.

Yeah I know... but it's too late to switch OS's.

I looked for the source rpms for the updated lts_config files but only
found ltsp_config-0.0.32-k12ltsp.4.4.0.src.rpm

Can you pass them on to me Eric?

I had been looking at George Kocke's userprep
to push out OO 1.9.xxx but I'd like to see if I can get this to work.

John