[K12OSN] yum vs. up2date

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Aug 30 18:26:57 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> I don't think I changed the default configs on yum or up2date on a
> K12LTSP-4.2.1EL install but now yum says there are no updates and
> up2date shows an evolution update in the centos4 update repository.
> Is that normal?

The mirrors do not all update at exactly the same time. Yum and up2date
use the same mirror list, it is luck-of-the-draw that up2date hit a
mirror with a fresher package set than the mirror that yum hit.

the evolution update was just released, so your odds of seeing
differences between mirrors is greater.

I added this package to the K12LTSP repository, but I must have missed
rebuilding the 4.2.1EL repository. I'll re-run that now to make sure my
mirror is fresh...

-Eric