[K12OSN] Another Samba issue - A little more info.

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue Aug 30 20:12:43 UTC 2005

I've been tinkering with this Samba problem as time permits and I've
made a few discoveries that may help someone help me.  Using a specific
situation:

A user "tdbryant" moved from middle school to high school.  At the
beginning of the year I moved him out of the "ms" group and into the
"hs" group.  Now User Manager shows him as being in the "ms" group and
not a member of the "hs" group.  Somehow he reverted.  If I run "#
/opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m tdbryant hs"  I get the error
"User tdbryant is already in the group."  If I look him up in Webmin,
he's in the "hs" group and not in the "ms" group.  But, when he tries to
access a Samba share that is set to allow access only by "hs" group
members, he is denied access.  So, it seems that LDAP knows he's there,
but Samba doesn't.

Does this help?  I'm at a loss here.

--
C-ya,